Dear Parents and Guardians,
We understand the anxiety regarding the coronavirus pneumonia that has been reported to be spreading quickly. AAC is fully committed to ensuring the health and safety of our students. As such, we will implement the following measures with effect from 29th January 2020 (Wednesday) at 7.30am.
(A) Before arrival in school
1) Parents should monitor their children’s health closely and seek medical attention promptly if they feel unwell. Inform the school immediately.
2) Avoid crowded places and close contact with people who are unwell or showing symptoms of illness.
3) If the child has a fever or respiratory symptoms (e.g. cough, shortness of breath), they should wear a mask when coming to school.
4) Amidst the festivities, we encourage you to continue educating your child/ward to adopt good personal hygiene practices. If your child/ward is unwell, please seek immediate medical attention and ensure that he/she has recovered fully before returning to school.
(B) Upon arrival in school
5) Temperature screening will be done for each and every student. For those whose temperature do not reach 37.5°C, they will be allowed into the school premises.
6) For those whose temperature is 37.5°C or higher, they will be brought to a holding area for further action. The respective parent or guardian will be informed immediately.
7) Student must wear a mask if he or she has respiratory symptoms such as a cough or runny nose.
8) Students should practise frequent hand washing with soap (e.g. before handling food or eating, after going to toilet, or when hands are dirtied by respiratory secretions after coughing or sneezing).
The temperature screening will also apply to all staff and visitors (including parents, guardians, vendors and cleaners) to the school.
AAC will monitor the Ministry of Health (MOH)’s updates regularly and adjust the above procedures accordingly. We therefore seek your kind understanding and cooperation.